It should show the progress somehow for the user. Maybe a modal dialog
showing

        |      processing font 33/255     |
        |------------------------------------------

Mika

Brant Fitzsimmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
17.01.2003 09:52
Please respond to cooker

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [Cooker] IMO: How Mandrake 9.1 Can Be The 'Killer App' for
Desktop
Linux

Timothy R. Butler wrote:

>  C.) DrakeFont is a GREAT, STUPENDIOUS tool, but it seems to choke
fairly
>easily without explaination. For example, I have about 250 truetype fonts
>that I copied from my last Linux installation (also MDK 9.0). However,
>DrakeFont would freeze on the first part of processing those fonts if I
told
>it to process the directory. Also, it was very counterintutive on how to
>select an entire directory.

Are you sure DrakeFont froze?

I thought the same thing when I tried to import fonts from my Windows
partition.  I also have a large number of True Type fonts. (360)

After several tries, and apparent failures, I decided to wait and let it
do it's thing no matter how long it took.  I was pleased to find that it
had *not* indeed frozen.  It just took a long time to do what it had to
do *without giving sufficient feedback*.  The window wouldn't even
refresh.

I have since done it a number of times on new installs with the same
outcome.  It worked.  It just didn't let me know that it was working.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons

"MS hacked..
Must be Thursday... Bwahahahahah..." -Mind Slap in ZDNet Forum regarding
the almost immediate hack of new "Smart Phone" running MS OS.