Thomas Backlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Now when I'm translating the CD_README I noticed
> that is states that hd.img supports:
>
> install from hard-disk (from a Linux, Windows, or ReiserFS filesystem)
>
> When I tried a Cooker install about a week ago, and had
> the Cooker tree copied to my NTFS partition (wich is Windows...)
> and booted with hd.img, it complained about only supporting
> ext2 and vfat partitions...

Hum, what was the exact error message? In my sources, I can see:

                stg1_error_message("I can't find a valid filesystem (tried: ext2,
vfat, reiserfs).");

> So will hd.img be upgraded to support NTFS / ReiserFS,
> or should this text be changed...

I suppose one day we'll need to also support install from NTFS
partition because of XP :/... but, as usual:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        43365 Sep 20 18:52
/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/fs/ntfs/ntfs.o.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         8248 Sep 20 18:52
/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/fs/vfat/vfat.o.gz

Not even mentioning the fact that people has never put much
confidence in ntfs.o (hum, there even was a time when it
corrupted partitions mounted ro, isn't it?).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/