Oden Eriksson wrote:
onsdagen den 22 januari 2003 08.33 skrev Yves Duret:

Oden Eriksson wrote:

tisdagen den 21 januari 2003 22.47 skrev Buchan Milne:

In terms of general packages, or are you wanting a voting system just for
apache2 modules??
For apache2 modules. I don't care much about non server stuff...
if the guy want to set up a server with apache, he, of course, have a
net connexion, thus he will be able to download all the modules he needs
thx urpmi without pb.
thus i will say only the main packages (mod_perl,php,ssl..) to keep some
free space for more desktop related stuff (where people prefer to have
everything on a cdrom because they do not have a net connection).
wdyt ?

Actually all current extra apache2 modules and all extra php extensions inluding dep libs from contribs is under 10MB. Frozenbubble alone is about 7MB. OpenOffice alone is about 160MB?.

I can live without for example Frozenbubble :-)

But then I realized this _is_ a desktop distro. Maybe every server application should be left out to make room for more desktop applications, then we maybe could even squeeze in one or two extra games in there ;)

actually, it's used as both server and desktop. ;)
I know several people using Mandrake 9 as webserver distro.
as well as using Mandrake as thier desktop system
( myself included )
the options for apache mods are a great boost to move Mandrake more into both areas.