this applies to 9.0 + security fixes, I cannot test current cooker. Sorry :(

Konqueror is using polling (stat call) to check for directory updates, that happens
appr. every second. When it is used with supermount, it prevents user from opening
tray, as soon as you manage open it konqueror does next stat and tray is
(automatically) closed again. this happens even if you changed directory - as a test

fire up konqueror
change dir into /mnt/cdrom (or whatever)
right click, copy some file
change directory to somewhere on your disk
right click, paste
try to open tray

the result is hard to explain to a normal user because there is apparent no program
accessing CD-ROM ... but konqueror does it behind your back :(

This is old problem. This _very_ old problem. One user on a.o.l.m described it as "my
CD is snaping on me".

May I ask good fellas to check if it is still the case in current cooker and of not
submit official bug report? What I never understood why could not konqueror use FAM
for this ...

Alternative would be to disable autoclose for CD-ROMs (sysctl -w
kernel.dev.cdrom.autoclose=0). May be this need to be set by default in sysctl.conf if
nothing more is working? I guess having to manually close tray is less evil than what
happens currently.

the problem is serious enough to spoil all impression even if supermount is otherweise
working properly. fredl, it goes to you as owner of /etc/sysctl.conf :)

-andrey