Le Samedi 25 Janvier 2003 19:49, Charles A Edwards a écrit :
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:31:07 +0100
>
> Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I tried to rebuild current XFree86-4.2.99.5-0.20030122.2mdk on a plain
> > 9.0 to have DRI support for a recent radeon.
>
> I am not understanding you.
> The radeon Has dri support in stock 9.0 unless it is a radeon=>8500 and
> in that case you need the drivers from ATI.
It is a radeon 8500, so i wanted to test DRI from XFree4.3 to see if support
was provided. Moreover, i also have some colors problems when watching TV in
overlay mode (wrong colors and other applications corruption).

The ATI driver is a mess to install, even for a short test. At least Nvidia
provide a decent tarball, while ATI ships a crappy rpm only.
--
The speed with which components become obsolete is directly proportional to
the price of the component.