On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 12:24, Erik Bågfors wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 09:37, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> > søn, 2003-01-26 kl. 05:04 skrev Bill Hartwell:
> >
> > That's been my main argument for sticking to RH. Much source is
> > developed on the basis of RH releases. Many people on other lists have
> > been having trouble with Mandrake 9.0 - not with previous releases -
> > though RH's Phoebe kernel has also been giving problems.
>
> Sorry, can't help to comment.
>
> Sticking to RH because much source is developed on the basis of RH
> releases???  Thinking like that we should all just run MS windows..

Hmmmm.  Running latest, always updated, cooker here for two years
solid.  I've pretty much compiled anything I want.  Any problems I've
had were due to problems with the code I was compiling (using syntax
compatible with only old compilers/libs) - or possibly bugs in the
compilers and libs, which are solved by submitting patches or bug
reports to the author or maintainer.  That's what open source is all
about anyway.... isn't it?

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger