Gwenole,

Well I sure hope there will be a port to x86-64.

There is, and there will be a port to x86-64. Actually, the current focus
is i586, x86-64, ia64, ppc. Per current partnerships and business. People
should stop thinking MDK has to officially support ports just for fun. AFAIK, let's face it, this is demand-driven according to what we could get
in back.

We simply don't have the resources to do things just for personal pleasure
(personal opinion, of course).

I've heard your opinions before, and I respect them. I'm still looking for an official statement from mdk (and the resulting actions) about the alpha port. If mdk doesn't have the resources to maintain it, then kill it. It's a waste of resouces and a waste of the shareholders investment, right?

Get back to business. :-)

Stefan

PS: time to trade in the alpha for a ppc?