Jason Straight wrote:

> Can we at least have the old kdm as /usr/bin/kdm.doesnt_suck or something.
>
> What was the point of replacing something that worked with something that has
> less features? I no longer have focus last user, no clock, no user selection,
> and it's automatic action when I hit enter was to reboot my computer.

Some more issues:
-Password field doesn't select the existing password when you use TAB if
you entered the wrong password the first time (kdm did).
-"Valid" is a really bad word to use in place of "OK" (win2k) or "Go!"
(normal kdm).

But the new lilo splash does look quite good.

> What was the point of this really? To be more like redhat?

If anything, work on kdm should be to make it compatible with gdm and
have the same features, so we can launch a new kdm greeter from within a
running wm (like gdm can).

Please rather add features to the existing kdm than stuff it up.

Regards,
Buchan