> Agfa scanners (for ex.e40) are fully supported by SANE, but reported
> unsupported by scannerdrake.

The snapscan backend is there in Mandrake but there are bugs. To get
this working in 9.0 I did something like this: tell ScannerDrake I
want to configure it manually, select my scanner from the list (I
forget exactly how this went, just pick something that uses the
snapscan driver.)

Then comes the trick: scannerdrake wrote an /etc/sane.d/dll.conf file
which contained "SnapScan". After manually converting it to lowercase
"snapscan" things like xsane found my scanner just fine.

My scanner is an Acer 640U. YMMV.

I think this may be fixed in cooker already because I mentioned the
issue in a MandrakeClub discussion forum and Till probably saw it and
fixed it.

-- Aaron