Daouda LO wrote:
> Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>>1) s/passwd/Password (I think this is done, just need to test it again
>>and make a patch) and similar issues.
>
> Not related to the Gui. Is it?

It is the ui, but not significant work. But I haven't done much gtk, so
it took me a while ... UIs should in most cases not have jargon or
contractions of words. For example, "Enter your password" seems more
proffesional than "Enter your passwd".

>>2)Add a feature to set smbpasswd, either a new entry in the menu (but
>>there isn't space to write a decent entry, since 'set smbpasswd' is not
>>the kind of thing a windows user would guess). Maybe a checkbox in the
>>dialog to set a windows password for the user at the same time as the
>>normal password, to the same one?
>
> Why not add a modal window like the ldap one? Put an entry in
> userdrake menu and create a sub window for Samba conf.

I though it might need to be more visible ...

>>There are complications for this with ldap.
>>
>>BTW, LDAP support isn't complete ... I haven't managed to actually use
>>userdrake to modify ldap entries ... I use smbldaptools or ldapbrowser
>>or gq.
>
> I'm not good at Ldap thingies so i trust you.

Well, it would need to be tested, I didn't set debug levels on the LDAP
server to catch what userdrake tried to do, but it failed ...

>>>Normand response, Maybe yes and maybe no :-)
>>
>>So should I work from a cvs copy?
>
> The question is should we go this way or rewrite userdrake in perl by
> adding features to adduserdrake ?
> Meanwhile, you can work on actual Gtk1 userdrake -> Gtk2 segfaults all
> the time and is time consuming.

I know as much about perl as I do about gtk (ie I can hack, but not much
more) ... but debugging segfaults probably ain't so much fun. Plus pixel
wants me to rework the diskdrake resize ui ;-).

But I would guess a rewrite would probably not make 9.1? And, while
rewriting, it might be an idea to look at something like win2k's user
manager ... Also, more LDAP support (win2k's AD support for example)
would be cool.