I wanted to be the first to say that I really like mdkkdm.  Apart from being a
palendrome, it looks nice (especially with Mosfet's liquid style) and is
ideal for home users.  I think you could do a couple of things to improve it
though:

 * The buttons don't stay in the same places when you click halt or reboot.
They appear to move upwards slightly.  IIRC, this can be fixed with the use
of spacer widgets - forcing the buttons to stay at the bottom all the time.
 * It would be better to use the user's full name instead of the unix
username.  KDM does this - so it should be pretty easy.
 * An *easy* way to get a text box up for username entry.  This could perhaps
be done with a "Login as another user" button on the login screen, or an
entry in the mandrake control centre to switch between mdkkdm, kdm and gdm.

Keep up the good work,
David Sansome