On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 10:53, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 14:34, Austin Acton wrote:
> > It is in PLF only becuase it has LAME MP3 encoder embedded in it.  If
> > he/we could modularize the two, Cinelerra would be a great addition to
> > Mandrake.  It's a super-duper non-linear editor, and since Mandrake
> > removed Broadcast 2000, there isn't much left (linuxvideostudio and a
> > few other immature programs).
>
> Have you asked the author(s) if s/he/they could make that possible?

Not personally.  He's known to be quite stubborn on things like that.
The whole thing is hell to build anyway... the makefiles are a mess.  So
he just posts an i386 rpm with a statically linked binary and says "use
that".  But who knows, he might like this idea.

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant