Hi

noticed this a while ago but as it is still happening I thought I would post
this.
If I open a Konqueror File Manager window and move the mouse over a media icon
such as an mp3, wav, avi or asf the mouse pointer changes to a pointing hand
and stays that way.
The window is then frozen. If I move another window over that window it won't
repaint.
I can kill the window but X will hang on shutdown and I have to do a
ctrl-alt-backspace to kill it.

This also happens if I have a media file on the desktop but then the whole
desktop freezes.

What I notice is that two processes get spawned as soon as I move over a media
file:
2326 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -s 60 -m artsmessage -l
3 -f
 2328 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -s 60 -m artsmessage
-l 3 -f

This system has a Soundblaster Live in it and is using the standard kernel
with alsa support for the card.
00:0a.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 08)

Today I upgraded the kernel and it also upgraded the alsa driver from 0.9.0RC5
to 0.9.0RC6 but it still happens.

Serge