On Thursday 20 February 2003 01:00 pm, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 17:06, tarvid wrote:
> > >
> > > having kernel problems? tried acpi=off noacpi?
> >
> > this is a coppermine machine with a two year old via chipset, if ACPI
> > doesn't work on this box, what box will it work on.
>
> Why not just test with APM and answer the question?
>
> FYI, it's more likely to work on more *modern* ACPI implementations.
> Especially on desktop systems. It's old ones that suck the most.
That doesn't answer the question.

I don't know of any motherboard/chipset it does work on. I'd pay a bit to have
the problem go away.

For my servers I don't need either ACPI nor APIC nor APM for that matter, I
turn them on and leave them on. They don't have any USB devices, in fact all
they have is a video card and a nic.

But there are two machines I would love to have.

A workstation with a really fast hard disk and a multimedia box that makes a
Tivo look like a chimp.

Jim Tarvid