Hi

Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20030223  8:04
/ChangeLog/1.791/Fri Feb 21 21:58:09 2003//

This is a new installation of Cooker with Am-English and am-keyboard, and no
other fuss.

First I have noticed that after leaving 'Summary' the window for cervices pops
up again, although this was visited in the part of 'Summary'.

Sound is fine when no UTF8 is here to fix pbs. Observe that this installation
is done on exactly the same mirror as the 'Swedish' one was.

When using mc in pure console mood, everything is perfect.

When starting the xserver with startx I get directly into KDE, not IceWM as
when in UTF8.

When doing a reboot in UTF8 from console I get a ";R" and then it hangs, when
I hit enter, I get a sign saying that bash doesn't understand the ;. When
giving Ctrl-Alt-Del again it stops. Hitting enter again it starts going down.
My estimate is that it has problem reading two bytes codes.

When booting the program sets ServerName in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf to
192.168.1.252. This is not set in my 9.0 which is not updated to the latest
cups because then I loose printing in 9.0 too.

To my perception UTF8 is a messy beast, according to the Gnumeric team they
were not willing to solve for UTF8 in gnumeric-1.0.12-1mdk, they recommended
gnumeric-1.1.x, because of trouble with gimp printing.

regards
guran

--
Mandrake Linux Cooker 9.1 'US'  kernel-2.4.21.0.pre4.10mdk-1-1mdk

Only in a society that has 'a priori' defined what is true
can the evolution of life be defined false.