On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 11:31:49AM +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Gecko Runtime Environment..

Not going to happen.  Phoenix uses a subset of Gecko.  It's illogical to
ship a browser that is intended to be a faster version of Mozilla with
all of Mozilla's bloat.

Plus GRE is the reason we have dependency hell.  It's the reason that a
Mozilla bug fix sat around for 6 months because vdanen didn't know how
to upgrade it without creating issues.

Even if you don't put Phoenix in main it really should go in contrib.
Which I fully intended to do as soon as I bother to get the package
done.  Unless you have an issue with it being in contrib without GRE...

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the
champion only of her own." -- John Quincy Adams, July 4th, 1821