John Allen wrote:
On Thursday 27 February 2003 17:37, Buchan Milne wrote:

John Allen wrote:

On Thursday 27 February 2003 16:47, Adam Williamson wrote:

I can't urpmi --auto-select ATM because tmdns -10mdk seems to conflict
with bind. I currently have tmdns -9mdk installed alongside bind and it
didn't complain about that, so is the conflict correct? Currently it
wants me to remove bind to do an --auto-select...

If you are running tmdns you should not need bind.

Caching dns on a small network? Or does tmdns cache request from real DNS servers? Would they be able to run simultaneously?

Yes, it caches from real servers. But if you have a real DNS on your machine why install tmdns on it as well?
        Because when you upgrade from b3 to rc1 it gets added by
default without asking!  And then needs to be removed!