On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 18:51, Marcel Pol wrote:
>  On 01 Mar 2003 18:41:39 +0100
> Robert Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just purchased a Philips based card which doesn't seem to work
> > (SAA7134 based chipset) with Cooker.  There are some drivers available
> > on the web - but they require v4l2 which doesn't seem to be in Cooker.
>
> There's a saa7134 driver. It doesn't work for you, or was it just not
> autodetected at install?
> "No workies" is not really a valid bugreport.

Sorry - let me explain more . . .

I had a running Cooker system with a BT878 based card already in it - I
since swapped out the card with the SAA7134 based card and restarted.

The new card was not recognised.

I then started MCC and chose Hardware - then DrakTV - which then
complained that NO TV card was found.

So I had no video device auto-detected.

You are right that I should have checked whether there was a driver
under the modules directory - but I kinda expected that after the switch
of cards, and using DrakTV it should be able to catch that.

One side note and question:  What is the opinion of the SAA7134?  Or is
the Conextant chipset better?

Thanks,
R.Fox

Your avereage