I am trying to add my local Cooker repository here as a urpmi source
but it's failing to parse the hdlist:

# urpmi.addmedia Local\ Cooker
http://linux.ilinx/mandrake/devel/cooker-tree/Mandrake/RPMS/ with ../base/hdlist.cz
added medium Local Cooker
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Texstar.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf.cz]
retrieving description file of "Local Cooker"...
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "Local Cooker"...
    http://linux.ilinx/mandrake/devel/cooker-tree/Mandrake/base/hdlist.cz
...retrieving done
examining hdlist file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.Local Cooker.cz]
examining synthesis file [/var/cache/urpmi/partial/hdlist.Local Cooker.cz]
unable to parse hdlist file of "Local Cooker"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Local Cooker.cz]
problem reading synthesis file of medium "Local Cooker"
unable to update medium "Local Cooker"

I have the latest URPM package:

$ rpm -q perl-URPM
perl-URPM-0.81-10mdk

The hdlist does look suspect however as it's only 9190174 bytes big as
opposed to the 14MB or so 9.0 is.

I can successfully add my 9.0 repository as a source on this machine
so URPM/urpmi seems to be generally functional.

Thots?
b.

--
Brian J. Murrell