I don't know if I'm the only one to which this is happening, but it seems that
the new combination of XFree86 (XFree86-4.3-1mdk) + konqueror
(kdebase-3.1-69mdk) has a nasty habit of locking up X at random intervals. A
couple days ago (with an earlier version of kdebase) it wasn't so bad, but
now it seems to happen after about 5 minutes of use...This happens when using
Konq as a web browser (I'm down to using Mozilla now) and the only way out of
it is to ssh in from another box and kill X, who is hogging all CPU power.

I'd love to give more info but I'm not sure where to look. Anyone got any
pointers on how to identify what package is responsible for this?

(sigh)...as much as I enjoy helping out with cooker, I'm starting to long for
a stable system... :-)
--
Élie Charest
[EMAIL PROTECTED]