Götz Waschk wrote:

Who said that? glx can use a remote display, I'm not sure about xv, but I guess that's similar.

I don't know about glx, but I tried playing a movie with mplayer on an ltsp terminal and it is using xv, the message is "Shared memory not available, reverting to normal Xv".
The real issue is sound, it is difficult to get all applications working in a consistent way, thankfully mplayer has a nas audio plugin.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you