"cory.meisch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> When trying to configure a Trekker P/S 2 wheel mouse, click on
> Hardware -> Mouse. It shows the mouse configured as standard. Choose
> generic PS2 wheel mouse and click OK. (Note bug 2049 for lack of
> apply and test buttons).

there's no test button, just sroll, click, ... on the image
there's no apply button, only a ok button that does the same and a
cancel one ... that cancel your changes.

> Click on mouse again to verify it is configured and it is back to
> Standard PS2.

1) there's a bug preventing it from working when embedded, so either
   apply #2672 patch or run it in non embedded mode

2) one cannot properly detect ps/2 mouse various sub types.
   all we can do is telling you it's a ps/2 model.
   we could have saved the type in some config file, but what to do if
   you change your ps/2 mouse for another ps/2 mouse in that case.