Miark wrote:
On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:57:25 +0100
Luca Olivetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not a gamer, but I specifically bought a nvidia card because I read it was well supported under Linux.

Now I don't really think so, won't get burnt by nvidia again.

nVidia _is_ well supported. Have you ever looked at nVidia's page of

no, it isn't. Bug reports are ignored and each release is worse than the previous one (for me at least it is). I've gone from spontaneous X restarting while using xv in one release to an occasional crash in the next to filesystem corruption in the next.

drivers? nVidia isn't obligated to do anything for the Linux community, but
they have released many versions of their drivers. And instead of just
posting a tarball, they've made release-specific RPMs for dozens of
set-ups, including all the stock kernels of Mandrake's last four releases.

I'm not in the habit of defending nVidia--believe me--but you ought to be a
little more thankful for what you've got and quit talking nonsense.

Well, from now on I will be very thankful for being ignored, random crashes and filesystem corruption.

What do you think you'll switch to?

I don't have the sligthest idea, but I know it won't be nvidia.

--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you