Viestissä Perjantai 7. Maaliskuuta 2003 16:33, Buchan Milne kirjoitti:

> IBM Thinkpad 600X, PIII-500, Intel 440BX or 440ZX it seems. RC2 on CD
> install, no cooker updates. Worked fine in RC1 also (no problems with CD).

I myself have a HP-XE3-GC, PIII-700, Intel 440BX/ZX and installed RC2
without a problem. Only change I made was to remove 'acpi=off' from
lilo append line (by selecting "Use ACPI" in the lilo configuration part
of install)

> Get this in dmesg during boot:
>     ide1: BM-DMA at 0xfcf8-0xfcff, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:pio
> hdc: CRN-8241B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

So the kernel is happy ...

> This only appears after manually modprobe'ing ide-cd:
>
> hdc: ATAPI 24X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache, DMA
> Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12

wich this proves...

Try the latest kernel and see how it works...

also try to remove the acpi=off to see if it's the thing
that confuses the system...

Thomas