ONE BOWL COCONUT MACAROONS

  1 package (14 ounces ) BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (5-1/3 cups)

2/3 cup granulated sugar

6 tablespoons all purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 egg whites

1 teaspoon almond extract

  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour baking sheets; set aside. Mix
coconut, sugar, flour and salt in large bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond
extract until well blended.

Drop coconut mixture into 36 mounds, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets,
using about 1 tablespoonful of the coconut mixture for each mound.

Bake 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from baking
sheets to wire racks. Cool completely.

  ***I sprinkle some colored sugar on the cookies before baking OR drizzle
tinted icing (powdered sugar icing OR from a can of vanilla/cream cheese
frosting--slighty warmed up/melted--can use canned chocolate frosting too) on
the cookies after baking.

  Servings: Supposed to make 3 dozen (36). I guess I make mine a bit bigger, so
I get less; which is why I double the recipe.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: