Baptist Skillet Cookies
  1 cup chopped dates
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg, well beaten
2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup shredded coconut

  Mix dates, sugar, butter and egg in a large cast iron skillet. Place over low
heat and cook until dates melt, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and
immediately add Rice Krispies and pecans. Mix well and let cool. Roll into
small balls and roll each ball in coconut.

Makes about 48.

            We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put
words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter
is New Year's Day

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: