You can also use the first 2 ideas for the tops of bread.  I don't get it but
eyeballs really notice the difference in appearance when I do any of these
following things? go figure?

before baking

Shiny top pie crust =  Brush top of crust with lightly beaten egg white Golden
brown top pie crust = brush with a whole beaten egg

Sparkly top pie crust = brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp.
granulated sugar or crushed sugar cubes  or

Brush top crust with 3 tablespoons heavy cream

1/4 cup sugar cubes (about 12 small), coarsely crushed

and pressing lightly to secure the chunks to the crust.

Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out….
Anton Chekhov

Scanned by the Barracuda Spam Firewall at CPWS Broadband