Okay, should you peel the apples?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Watson" <tk.wat...@verizon.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] repost october fest

Hi,

I gave this to my dad. He has made it twice already. He really likes it I
guess.

Crock Pot Oktoberfest Knockwurst

1 pkg. (32 oz.) sauerkraut, drained
5 large red potatoes, sliced
1-1/2 lb. knockwurst, whole or chunked
Caraway seeds, to taste
1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar, or to taste
1 cup chicken broth
5 large Granny Smith apples. cored, diced

Layer in either a Dutch oven for stovetop cooking*, or in a crock pot.

Begin layering with potatoes, then sauerkraut, then a sprinkling of caraway
seeds and half the brown sugar, then the apples, then the knockwurst, then
the chicken broth, then the rest of the brown sugar.

If using the crock pot, cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 hours.

* Note: Cover and cook on low for stovetop, for 2 hours.