how do you draine hamburger meat?

Blaine
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021...@keycomputing.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 6:58 AM
Subject: [CnD] Crock Pot Beef and Sausage Chili

Crock Pot Beef and Sausage Chili

1 pound ground beef
1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup sliced celery
2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
1 (1l-12ounce)can tomatoes, cut up
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon. chili powder
2 teaspoon salt

In a skillet, cook ground beef and sausage until browned; drain off excess
fat.
Transfer meat mixture to a slow cooker. Add onions, green pepper and celery.
Stir in undrained kidney beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic,
chili
powder and salt. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.

ã??
Recipe source: Mary´s Recipe Exchange yahoo group, submitted by Dorie
ã??
PEG´S NOTE:
I made some changes ....instead of the 12-oz. can of tomatoes, I used the
large can (29-oz.) of crushed tomatoes and instead of the tomato paste I
used a 15-oz. can of petite diced tomatoes. We like our chili pretty thick.
I also added a little bit of cumin too. I used hot pork sausage just because
we like our chili spicy, but mild sausage would be just fine too.