I always manage to burn the sauce pan when I try to make caramel frosting. The sugar sticks to the pot and everything burns. It's quite hopeless... Any ideas how to avoid it? I love caramel!

Thanks
Sisi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marilyn DeWeese" <mldeweese1...@verizon.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 7:13 PM
Subject: [CnD] Caramel Frosting, #2

Caramel Frosting, #2

1/4 pound butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cream
4 cups confectioners' sugar

Melt butter; add brown sugar; stir and let come to a boil. Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thick. Cool slightly.

When sugar mixture has cooled, add cream and beat smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and beat until of spreading consistency. Add a little extra cream if too thick.

Frosts a 9-inch layer cake.  Enjoy.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

http://www.eset.com