Hello there Marrlen, I think I just made a mistake and sent this recipe to my list and I should of asked you I am sorry. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marilyn" <mldeweese1...@verizon.net>
To: <hands-on-cook...@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:57 PM
Subject: [CnD] Enjoy.Angel Food Candy Recipe

 Enjoy.Angel Food Candy Recipe

It was my dad who inspired me to first try making this candy. He remembered it from

when he was a boy. The ultimate compliment was when he told me my version tasted

even better! My husband's a driver with a parcel service. As you can probably guess,

he works long hours around the holidays-that gives me time for making treats! We

have a 2-year-old (he likes to jump up on a chair and help in the kitchen) and a

second child due in March.

This recipe is:

Contest Winning

Quick

   * 12 Servings

   * Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients

   * 1 cup sugar

   * 1 cup dark corn syrup

   * 1 tablespoon white vinegar

   * 1 tablespoon baking soda

   * 1 pound milk chocolate candy coating, melted

Directions

* In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook over medium

heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Cook without stirring until the

temperature reaches 300° (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer. Do not overcook.

* Remove from the heat and quickly stir in baking soda. Pour into a buttered

13-in. x 9-in. pan. Do not spread candy; mixture will not fill pan.

* When cool, break into bite-size pieces. Dip into melted chocolate; place on

waxed paper until the chocolate is firm. Store candy tightly covered. Yield: 1-1/2

pounds.  Enjoy.

I for this from Beth.