Yes, I like the freedom of removing the ceramic pot to store its contents, or clean it. Presently I have a four quart one and recently I bought a smaller one, size, two quarts. Since I live alone, I like to cook smaller quantities most of the time. Currently I've been experimenting with small surloin steaks. I put one in the small crockpot with chopped onions, garlic and other seasonings, about a half cup of water and a splash of wine, and of course, salt and fresh ground black pepper.. I leave the pot on high for two to two and a half hours; then add baby carrots and perhaps a medium potato cut up. And sometimes I add a chopped celery stalk and some sliced mushrooms. I let that all continue cooking on high for about another hour. Sometimes I add some cornstarch disolved in a small amount of water and stir it well. I let that cook about 20 minutes to thicken the juices. This makes a lovely hot meal! I do about the same thing with chicken and chicken broth and season with curry powder. Oops! I'm rambling. But I'm happy about the things I can do with the little crockpot. Lois Goodine.