You can cook them covered or uncovered.

Danny

At 04:28 PM 1/15/2011, you wrote:
Are these dumplings to be cooked covered or uncovered?

I'm asking this because some dumplings (using Bisquick, for example) are cooked uncovered.

Carol B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Danny wells" <dd-we...@att.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2011 9:53 AM
Subject: [CnD] Corn Meal Dumplings

This is a favorite dish my Mom often prepared when I was growing up on a farm in eastern NC in the 60s. Give it a try and see if you like it!

Danny

Corn Meal Dumplings

1 cup of plain cornmeal
1/2 cup of self rising flour
a pinch of sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Bring some chicken broth to boil, (real or otherwise). I like pieces of chicken cooked in the broth. Mix the corn meal and flour with water to a thickness that you can pat out patties about the size of a 50 cent piece.
drop the patties into the broth.
Let cook to the tenderness you like. You will learn to taylor them more to your taste each time you cook them.