something simler happen to my sister she was pouring hot grease through a filter and some how got on her arms and was badly burned but it was her fault .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jennifer Chambers" <jennile...@gmail.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] The Activfry

Andrew, I am curious as to whether the ActiFry will do onion rings?
Probably not, since onion rings usually require a batter, and you are
not supposed to use batter-coated food in the ActiFry.  As for the oil
staying in the food when cooked with this unit, according to health
experts, it does not stay in the food, due to the unit's design.

Many years ago, my mom was severely burned after using a deep fryer.
It was totally her fault, and she said as much when she was rushed to
the hospital.  She failed to let the oil cool before pouring it into
an empty can.  She picked up the can, did not look at what she was
doing, and hit the can on the edge of the cupboard above her.  That
boiling hot oil went onto her head, face and arms.  That was one of
only three times I heard my mom scream.  I have shied away from deep
fryers ever since.  Intellectually, I know it was her fault, and that
it didn't have anything to do with the fryer itself, yet emotionally,
I never got past that experience.

Jennifer