I have a Manttra pressure cooker and it doesn't speak but I have used it a few times, mostly to do a beef brisket or corned beef. It worked very well and although it takes me about 45 minutes to get it to do the pressure thing after it gets started I can do a 3 or 4 pound corned beef in under 2 hours instead of 1 hour per pound the regular boiling way. And it is really tender.
Nice to see you here, Sean and Pam!
Lora

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Mellor" <sarah_mel...@btinternet.com>
To: "Sean Sievert" <pamsh...@verizon.net>; <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 6:37 PM
Subject: [CnD] In Reply To: Talking pressure cooker

HI Pamela.

This sounds interesting as I have never used a presure cooker as some totally blind people have said they're quite difficult to use and I often wondered what were the benefits of using one. I will definitely look in to it. How lovely yu and Shannon are reunited through the list its lovely getting in touch with old friends and making new ones what a small world.

Best wishes.

Sarah