7-up cake

3 cups sugar

3 cups flour

2 sticks butter

6 eggs

1 12 ounce can 7-up

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter and set aside.   Ina large mixing bowl alternate flour, sugar
melted butter and eggs.  One at a time.  I suggest mixing at medium speed,
using a wooden spoon to scrape the access batter from the sides.  When you
are sure that all of the batter is in the bottom of the bowl and none is
left on the sides, you can then add your seven-up.  Mix until batter is
smooth.

Note the seven up is what makes this delicious cake rise.

After mixing thoroughly, pour batter into round bunt cake pan and place in
oven.  Bake 1 hour and ten minutes.  Take out of oven and place on cool
surface.

You can check the cake to see if it's done with the tooth pick trick

"toothpick trick."

Stick toothpick in the middle of cake and remove.  If the toothpick is clean
your cake is done.  Let it cool and then eat.

I've been making this cake for years and always have to make two.  One for
me and the people I live with and one for my other friends.  It's definitely
a people pleaser.