Gail, I have just now read your recipe about your cornbread in krock pot, and you did not say how much salt, how many eggs, milk or butter. can you send this again? please. thanks
Steve
-----Original Message----- From: gail johnson
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:40 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Crockpot Corn Bread

Hi Jean,

Here is the recipe I have used in the crockpot.
I cut back on the baking powder to 3 teaspoons. I increased the sugar
to 1/2 cup.
I also like two eggs instead of one.
The big deal about making bread or cake in the crockpot is a 2-quart
coffee can to put the batter in.  Grease the inside of the can with pam
or a light amount of oil.

It can be made without the can.  You do have to grease the crock.

You will really like it mine turned out moist.
Here is the recipe:

Crock Pot Cornbread Recipe - Food.com

Yield: 1loaf

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons baking  powder

Directions:
Prep Time: 5 mins

Total Time: 3 1/4 hrs
1 Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2 Add the egg, milk and melted butter. Stir until just moistened.
3 Place batter in a 2 quart greased can.
4 Place can on rack or trivet in bottom of crock pot.
5 Cover; cook on high for 2-3 hours.

STEVE STEWART
IN GOD WE TRUST
C n D MODERATOR