Lentil Loaf

 2 c dry brown lentils, cooked in 6 c water with a bay leaf (about 45 min).
 1 c dry bulgur wheat, cooked in 2 c water (about 15 min).
 Preheat oven to 350.
 In large bowl, mix cooked lentils, cooked bulgur, and all of the following:
 --1 c soft bread crumbs
 --2 egg whites or 1 egg substitute
 --1/4-1/2 c catsup
 --2 big onions, chopped
 --6-8 cloves garlic, crushed
 --lotsa thyme, oregano, tarragon.  Some cumin, curry, pepper, garlic powder.
 --1 regular-size (15 oz?) can tomato sauce
 --1/4 c ff barbaque sauce
 --next time I make it, I'm going to try adding some cooked carrots and
 potatoes, and maybe some peas.  Might add some nice color and textures.

 Mix it all up and put it into a sprayed loaf pan, casserole dish, or
 whatever.  Bake for about 40 min.  The oringinal recipe said to slice and
 serve, but I find it comes out more of a scoop-and-serve consistency.
From
www.recipesource.com
Julie Morales
WLM: inlovewithchr...@lljfm.net