Well it does sound useful. I'm afraid I'd cut my fingers though. I have to see this item at the store before I decide to buy. Thanks for the info.

Sisi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale" <cookinginthed...@att.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:00 PM
Subject: [CnD] Adjust a Slice Hand Held Mandolin

This i the adjust a slice mandolin.
It is like putting a hand held cheese grater together with a mandolin.
The mandolin has three adjustments for different thicknesses all selected by a slide lever on the underside. All the way to the bottom closes the mandolin, one click is the thinnest, 2 clicks is a medium thickness, and 3 clicks up is the thickest, about 3/16th of an inch. On the thinnest setting I sliced down a potato and made homemade potato chips As carla stated, the mandolin body is about 10 inches long and it is about 4 and half inches wide. It has little half moon "finger grips" along each side near he bottom edge of the mandolin. I lay it across a mixing bowl with the handle on one side and the finger grips nearest the bottom on the other edge of the bowl.
Now for the cool part.
I just slide the item I am slicing along the "slide" of the mandolin through the blade, then back again and again until I am done. The Finger Guard is important to use and with its "spikes" to help hod the food while slicing, it is easy to use.

It is quick and easy to use...perfect for a slice or two of a tomato or onion for a sandwich or burger and is equally as easy if you need to slice a lot of stuff too.

It sells for $20.00
I have used it to slice potatoes, mushrooms, parrots, zucchini...even sliced these long ways, breaded and baked...delicious!
Peace ya'll,
Dale

wow that sounds cool! It's not electric is it?

Sisi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carla Jo" <carlajobrat...@gmail.com>