Don't forget salt , sugar brown sugar
Utensil wise don't forget the can opener Jea

-----Original Message-----
From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of Jay
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:09 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Food basics in the kitchen.

Hi Becky. Thanks for confirming that with me. I went out and got a good set
of measuring cups and spoons yesterday and a set of wooden spoons, all from
Wal-mart. The measuring cups have a little pouring spout on the side which I
think will come in handy. I never thought of Olive oil on the grill before
cooking meat, thanks for reminding me. Now that I am pretty much set up for
utensils, I have to get some basic cooking/food items in here. I guess a
good start is of course, salt and pepper, olive oil and flour. I have a good
selection of spices that my friend got me but none of it is labeled for me
to use. I will have to do that and will more than likely use my pen friend
for that task. Do any of you have any other suggestions for other basics?

Jay