In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well.  Store in an
airtight container.  To make a mug of hot chocolate, simply place 1/4 cup of
the mix in a mug and add 3/4 cup boiling water; stir to blend.

At 07:40 AM 12/7/2011, you wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I make oatmeal in the microwave all the time. I use the pre-packaged oatmeal. Put two thirds cupof water in a bowl. Add the package of oatmeal. Add anything else you want. Place in the mic for a minute and 20 seconds and cook on high. Stir before placing it in the mic and then stir again when it comes out. My husband liked a little butter and brown sugar in his. HTH.
Barb

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Dickhoner
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:36 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Oatmeal and the microwave

I remember when I was living in my old apartment back in 1981 when I started living on my own that I made oat meal in a coffee cup. I learned the hard way that you don't put water and oat meal in the same cup and boil in the microwave. The oat meal expands, and it goes in your microwave oven. It makes quite a mess. It's better to boil your water, then add the oat meal after that. That works best.