hi. there are all kinds of crock pots, big and small, fancy or plain. some with
only one knob that lets you select from slow to fast cooking, some with timers
and other features. some of them come with carrying cases so you can carry the
contents hot to your destination. all of them are not round. some of them are
oblong in shape to accommodate larger cuts of meat.

On Jan 18, 2012, at 8:03 AM, Sisi Ben-Simon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't know much about slow cooking pots so this is probably a good place to
> ask. Is it true that they are quite big and meant for big portions of
> cooking? Is it possible to find smaller slow cooking pots? Is it safe to
> start the cooking early in the morning before I go to work and leave it
> unattended for about 7 hours until I get back home? I know I can time the
> cooking to 4-8 hours. I'm just not sure it is safe to leave the house while
> this thing is working.
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Sisi

Gwen Givens
Composed on Gwen's MacBook Pro
"A dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue."
--- Anonymous ---information for gwen
informationforg...@verizon.net