Hello list,

I just wanted to comment about what a huge help this list and podcast have been.
Two years ago I found myself a single mother of two little ones.  We had been
living near Kansas City, then, due to several events that I won't go into here
we found ourselves without a home and without nearly 98 percent of the things
we had once owned.

For about a year and a half my children and I lived with my mom.  My access to
the kitchen was somewhat limited but I was able to make small things for me and
the kids.  Prior to that the kids' father did most of the cooking, though I did
try some but my attempts were met with not very much  encouragement.

I've been blind all m life due to ROP and so have had cooking classes at the
Colorado Center and way back in the day at the Kansas School for the Blind.

In July my kids, new third guide dog Heather and I moved to Maize, a suberb of
Wichita into our own apartment.

I'll admit, sometimes we just chuck a frozen pizza or TV diner in the microwave
or we get something from out like fast food but more and more I am finding
myself trying many new things as far as cooking goes.

Friday for example.  I was looking back through the CND archives and saw the
turkey and dumplings show.

I had already fixed a version using Chicken that I got out of the Fanny Flagg
cooking book on BARD but wanted to see what this had to show me.

I had chicken and I ended up using mainly the way the dumplings and turken
slash chicken was done up on the CND podcast but added ome steps, mainly adding
some milk and flower to thicken things up from the FF cook book.

OMG!  It was sooooooooooo good!!!

I got to thinking about it and to my way of thinking cooking along with a
podcast for me is what it must be like to cook along with a cooking hsow on TV
only I like the podcast better as it is better described.  I also like learning
about all the things the megamall has on offer.  As I am able I am going to get
me several of the things on offer.

I think this whole thing is great and has helped me in that I am not afraid to
try new meal ideas and if I have questions I can look it up or ask here on the
list.

I thought it would be hard to be a single blind mom and in some ways it is but
it is hard to be a single sighted mom too.  Every day I feel my confidence in
myself coming back bit by bit and that feels so nice.

Thank you Dale and everyone who puts this all together and shares skills
without making whoever is asking feel stupid about it.  Sometimes my sighted
friends/family do this, make me feel stupid for not understanding something...
Not to be mean they just ton't see things the way I do if you will.

So again thank you so much...

P.S. I love how I can listen to the podcasts via my iPhone or BookPort Plus.  I
am never without these devices unless one is charging and then I have the other
with me..  In fact both are sitting right here next to me.

Ms. Jenny Kennedy and Ms. Heatherbelle Beautiful Black lab Guide Dog from sunny
San Rafael

Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc Class CA 720 26 March 2011

Maize, Ks USA
E-mail: leading.love....@att.net
FaceBook: http://facebook.com/blueskyes