From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of Lora Leggett
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:11 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] cook books and gadgets - Re: recommended cookbooks

I had one of those cheese slicers many years ago and it broke on me.  How do

you keep it working?  I had a similar problem many years ago with one of
those egg slicers.  But now mine is working perfectly.  No one told me when
I first got married that you put your peeled hard-cooked egg in the little
cup and shut the wire down on it to slice it.  Then you leave it shut and
dump the slices into your bowl or wherever.  Never open the egg slicer back
up with the egg slices still in it!  Boy did I learn the hard way.  It is
just a one shot thing, put the egg in there and shut the thing once and that

is all.  I have had this slicer for years and it is a snap when you know
how.
It is shocking but we have about all of the things Charles mentioned.  I
still get nervous about learning to use a new appliance until I get used to
it and then I wonder what I ever did without it.
Lora