From: "Nancy Martin" <nancyam1...@att.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 7:40 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Some suggestions

Hi everyone,
All this talk about adding things to brownies brings up a question. In the
Our Special cookbook there is a recipe for chocolate butterscotch brownies.
It is brownie batter topped with a marshmallow layer then topped with
butterscotch chips. Here's my dilemma: the recipe says to melt the chips
with a tablespoon of shortening and top the cake. This book was compiled
prior to microwaves playing such a big role in cooking. Do I still need to
use the shortening? Also, what about candy recipes that call for paraffin?
I've heard two differing opinions: one says to add the paraffin, another
says I don't need it. Which is right?
Thanks in advance,
Nancy Martin
Oklahoma