From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of information for
gwen
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:03 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Basic Quinoa

you can cook quinoa quie nicely in the rice cooker. if the quinoa has been
pre rinsed, it will list it on the bag. if you get yours from bob's red
mill, which i have seen at wal-mart, it is pre-rinsed.
you can use it as a substitute for rice; i.e. put chili over it, and there
are some books with recipes for using it in baked goods.
it is the only "grain" which has a full compliment of total protein. it is
actually from the spinach family.

On Feb 22, 2012, at 11:12 AM, Jean Marcley wrote:

> These are great cooking directions.  I never rinse it first and it has
never been bitter.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "gail johnson"
> <mama-g...@samobile.net>

Gwen Givens
Composed on Gwen's MacBook Pro
"A dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue."
--- Anonymous ---information for gwen
informationforg...@verizon.net