From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of Sugar
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:38 PM
To: CND
Subject: [CnD] Sugar's Caldo De Rez(Beef Soup)

Sugar's Caldo De Rez(Beef Soup)

Ingrediants:

1lb beef for stew: I usually cut the fat off

1sm. onion

3 sticks of celery

1half a head of a full cabbage

1 sm. green bell pepper

1 lg.can Italian stewed, or diced tomatoes with juice

3-4 chopped fresh carrots

garlic powder to taste

salt and pepper to taste

haf a cup of onion chips

Knor Swissa chicken conssume(boullion)1-2 Tea spoons

salsa(optional)

lemon juice

corn on the cob cut in half

4 potatos

Instructions:

in a large pot of water, place the meat in with your seasonings.

let boil for about 1 hour, or until meat is tender, over medium heat.

I find it much easier being blind to boil the potatos seperately from the
rest of the veggies, same with the carrots.

For carrots: I place all chopped carrots in a microwavable container in the
microwave for about 4 minutes, or some what tender.

For the potatos, once peeled(optional( I cut in to bite size  and let them
boil for about 25 minutes, or tender, as if I was making potato salad.

in the mean time, the meat is still in the boiling water.

as for the corn, I also boil seperately, for about 15 minutes.

once meat is tender enough where you can poke through with a fork, you can
check if the water needs more flavor by adding more garlic, etc....;add the
chopped veggies, your onions, green bell pepper, celery, and if you wish you
can add corn, and carrots, leaving the cabbage and potatos for the last 15
minutes.

once a simmer has occured, you are through.

for topping, you can add salsa, and lemon juice for your own likeing

I serve with either corn chips or corn tortillas, and at times fresh slice
of avocados can be served.

enjoy

syl

"...And this I pray...