I've been making this cake for years, and I have always used a Bundt
pan.  I don't put the topping on the bottom.  I make it as directed,
and when it's done, I let it stand for about ten or fifteen minutes.
Then I carefully loosen the cake with a knife.  ut a plate over the
top of the pan and turn pan and plate upside down.  When the cake is
out of the pan, I take another plate, put it over the bottom of the
cake, and flip everything right-side up.

This cake is great, and you can add a teaspoon of your favorite
extract to the batter if you wish.  Lemon or orange or maple or
raspberry,--whatever strikes your fancy.

hth

Jennifer