Sisi, no, you can't use all purpose if the recipe calls for self rising.
However, you can use self rising if recipe calls for all purpose. Self rising
already has salt and baking powder in it. Sometimes, I can tell the difference
in all purpose and self rising by the smell, but never by the touch. I can't
explain the smell of self rising, but it just seems different. Maybe the
difference is that it has a smell and all purpose does not. I have used self
rising flour in cookie recipes, mostly to try and save time, but the cookies do
not turn out as good as when I use all purpose and the correct measurements for
baking powder and salt. Hope this helps.
Shannon Wells