I want to make the following recipe.
I have some questions though.
1. according to the ingredients the brown rice is uncooked.
It says that the brown rice should be done in 25 minutes. I have never had my brown rice done in that short a time unless I soaked it for an hour.
My rice unsoaked takes about 45 minutes.
How are they accomplishing this any ideas.
2. I want to substitute walnuts for the almonds anyone see any problems with doing so? 3. I want to add about 1/2 cup of greens like cabbage? I think this should add about 5 minutes to the recipe. Am I on the right track?
Thanks.

Brown Rice Pilaf with Almonds and Parsley - Servings:Makes 4 servings
Ingredients
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup brown rice
2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup (1 ounce) sliced unsalted roasted almonds
Kosher salt and pepper
directions
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the broth is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the parsley, almonds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and transfer to a serving bowl.

Amount Per Serving
sugar:2 g
protein:6 g
saturated fat:1 g